Sunday, May 12, 2013

Everlast Chinup Bar Review

I was looking to workout at home and one of my favorite exercises to do is chin ups. I found myself a chin up bar at Zellers called the Everlast multifuntion chinning bar. It was around 50 bucks and I was able to put it together easily and quickly with a few wrenches. The bars that came with it already had the pads on them so I didn't have to spend time putting them on. The last chin up bar I got I had to put them on which was very tedious. 



The bar consisted of 5 metal bars and one wooden piece for the grip that goes against the wall above the doorway. The chin up bar also came with rubber caps to put over the protruding ends of the bolts to make it safer to use. These caps did not fit as expected so I could only put 2 of them on and they still fall off. Another issue was the grip part was very rough so could scratch the paint on the wall. It was also a sticker placed on the piece of wood and the ends of it began to come off from the bar being pulled down from use. All in all I would still say this is a decent chin up bar to get even though it is a bit more expensive than other bars. It makes up for it with it's easy assembly, range of different grips and how easily it can be moved around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment