Sunday, May 12, 2013

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder Review

I recently switched from purchasing my protein powder at GNC to purchasing it on bodybuilding.com. I decided to go with Optimum Nutrition's gold standard 100% whey powder because the price looked good and most of the reviews on the website were good. I went with the flavor white chocolate because I had previously tried chocolate and vanilla with the protein powder I had before. The white chocolate protein powder tasted surprisingly good both with milk and water. It also went well with rolled oats for oatmeal both mixing and taste. When I had finished the bottle of white chocolate protein powder I purchased more from bodybuilding.com and again went with Optimum Nutrition's 100% whey powder. There was a sale the day I purchased it so purchased a 10 lb bag. The previous one I purchased was a 5 lb bucket. The flavors for 10 lb are more limited than for smaller amounts so I couldn't go with white chocolate this time so I picked double rich chocolate.



 I was somewhat disappointed by this flavor as it did not seem to taste as good with anything but milk. Using it for oatmeal made a very bland breakfast. It has a somewhat bitter chocolate taste to it almost like unsweetened or semi-sweet chocolate. For my next protein powder purchase I will probably go back to the white chocolate or a vanilla ice cream flavor. I would recommend the white chocolate flavor both for people looking for taste and for use in baking. The double rich chocolate flavor I would not recommend as much for taste other than with milk. I have not used this flavor yet for baking but I imagine it would go best with making things that more so require the extra protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment